Sunday, January 9, 2011

Zeitoun Blog 2 pg. 135

At this point of the book the disaster already took place and the crimes are now starting to happen within the city of New Orleans. Despite all of the crimes and the excuses to get out of the city, Zeitoun stays though. Its amazing to me that a guy would stay and help people it just inspires me to do the same thing (not wade through water and help people but to help people in general). Its really great to see that there were people like this in the city and to hear this perspective. Its totally different than any other thing i have heard or seen. Like the videos we watched in class, those people were scared and seemed defensless against the theifs and such dwelling in the city's aftermath but Zeitoun was a champion within it all. It gave him a purpose in such a dire time. So far this book is awsome and I cant wait to read the rest so Im going to read more for my next entry!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is amazing that this man decided to stay and help others, while he is defenseless himself. This man's true character shows, especially in a time of need when he only hopes are to save other people. It is the people like Zeitoun who made a difference in New Orleans, while are government was sitting around doing nothing. Watching The documentary in class gave me a better understanding of what the people were experiencing, and how they could not escape the mess they were standing in. I was wondering if Zeitoun participated in any looting, trying to help himself and others find necessities in order to survive? This sounds like a great book, and I'm looking forward to here more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I agree. The fact that he stayed to help others and risk his life? How many others stayed for that reason? He's crazy. A good kind of crazy. The crazy I think people need.

    ReplyDelete