Thursday, January 6, 2011

1st Post on Zeitoun pg. 65

So far I'm impressed by the books way of telling a story in detail and the way it paints a picture so you can see what the setting is during the time. The writing is easy to read but at this point of the book I am really intrigued by the Islamic religion. Many of the things Kathy was explaining she had found out about Islam after reading books from her friend Yuko I hadn't known myself. I like the way how the Islamic religion aknowledges the other books written by Judaism, Christianity and there was another one called Psalms. They consider the fourth book the Qur'an the center of they're beliefs but I like the fact that it see's other religions books as factual and true. I also read during these pages that Kathy has been through many experiences being harassed about her religion and clothing which bothered me because even her family did it. I like the way Zeitoun explains that no one in the news that is brought up because they killed a bunch of people or stole or any offence has they're religion stated in the news unless they are Muslim. They dont bring up Christian peoples religion up when they kill people and make an offence but when an Islamic person makes and offence it hits the fornt of the news because they believe in Islam. It doesn't make sense that people do that and try to point out others and discriminate even in this day and age. I mean after 9-11 iIcould see how it is hard for some people to forgive but that could've been anybody in those planes piloting them. Those terrorrists percieved the Qur'an in a different way which anybody could do to a religion. Look at the KKK they were strong Christians but they interpreted things differently than what was actually told in the Bible. Its really ridiculous how Muslims are pointed out for the smallest things and that they have to feel scared and alone in this country.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like this book is pretty heavy on religion and, brings fourth many other religions and how they are all inter-related. I was wondering why the Muslims are feeling scared and misunderstood. I feel that the average American does not know much about the religion, and yet they continue to make judge and make up false statements about the religion as a whole and the followers of the religion. I am not very familiar to the religion, and to be honest not sure what Muslims believe in, so I don't want to make any false assumptions. I look forward to hearing more about this book.

    ReplyDelete