Thursday, April 21, 2011

Religious Extremism: New topic

I think I have finally found something I would like to pursue studying. I find it intriguing to see the reasons people try resolving they're problems with violence because they were "told to" by they're God or whomever it may be. It's frightening to see that people get killed all the time for they're religious beliefs even here in America. I started to look on the websites given for a topic and fell upon this one on a list. I thought it would be interesting so I clicked it and seconds later there was a page or so summary giving me much detail that I learned. To see that people act out like this because they feel that when other's disagree they misinterpret it as a threat against they're sense of self. I noticed how much this goes into the physcological aspect of the actual person which I was expecting but I think is really cool.
Israeli bus destroyed by suicide bomberThis is the remains of a bombing in Jerusalem caused by a Palestinian suicide bomber that is being sift through by Israeli forensic experts.

Its things like this that interest me on why they happen. I know that they happen because the person strongly believes in whatever has been told to them and in some religion's interpretation. I would like to see thought if there could be a way to stop this. To get a peaceful understanding between all. But then again you could say as long as there is religion, there will be violence between groups with different beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment