Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Death penalty blog #3

1)      The guilt phase trial and the pre-trial can protect the defendant the most. I think people can be wrongly convicted or persecuted because a “witness” or  informants can say things and blame people who have no connecion with the crime whatsoever and the police use the information given to them if they cant find anything else on the case as they’re base of the case which I think can be misleading. I think the defendant is protected to a certain degree. Evidence from the crime scene or such doesn’t always point to the right person so they blame someone. I think the police should look more thoroughly into cases to make sure the defendant is guilty without a doubt.
2)      I would say the lethal injections are the most humane of the executions. All of them besides the lethal injections are inhumane because there can be mistakes in all of them that can lead to either severe pain or slowly dying from the execution. Even though the lethal injections can have mistakes too it still is the most humane because the inmate dies peacfully in they’re sleep.
3)      Lots of inhumane ways of execution still exist to me I find weird because its a “cruel and unusual” punishment. The penalty is used a lot more than I actually thought and knew. This changed the perspective of which I see it because I see numbers on the states now rather then just hearing numbers. This helped me a lot because im a very visual person and it helps me understand the significance of the numbers of killed people and death row inmates. Texas and California have a lot of death penalties which I quite understand why but would like to know. It is equal I think I mean a lot of killed inmates and death row inmates are white and there are about the same amount of blacks as whites.
4)      The facts are staring at me and I have the same response as the one before this. It doesn’t really help it says and race whise I think its pretty fair from what the statistics show. The public doesn’t really think it helps stop homocides but approves of it. It has an unbiased opinion from what Ive seen of the statistics but it lets you see both sides of the story really by showing everything involved with the cases as a majority.

No comments:

Post a Comment